Monday, August 30, 2010

8/21 Week 3: I got Goofy!

I had a great run along the Scott Pierson Trail in Tacoma.  I ran for 60 minutes - my longest run so far.  But they will be getting longer every week.  Bring it on!  I'm noticing that the longer runs really feel great.  It gives me a chance to just focus on the run and not on cares and troubles; the thoughts flow. 

And I got to take home Goofy - our team mascot.  Each week someone gets to bring him home; add a little something to his outfit; and bring him back to pass on to someone who, in their opinion, has team spirit. I'm not sure what I'll do.  Two of our coaches, Jason and Anna, announced that they are expecting their first baby.  Congratulations to them!!  I'm thinking Goofy may need a pacifier or something.....

Update:  I think I might be on to something.  Henry Thoreau was pretty smart and he said "Methinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow." I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment