Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8/10 - Off and running...with the fundraising.

I did it! Jo and I got set up at Top Foods with our Papa Muphy's pizza coupons and a donation jar. To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from 3 hours on a Tuesday afternoon. I'm happy to admit I was mistaken. I was also surprised at how many people have been touched by cancer. Jo and I met two awesome ladies who are breast cancer survivors, a woman who lost her husband to leukemia, a sister whose brother was just diagnosed, a man with non-Hodgkins lymphoma and there were more. The lives of half of the folks we talked to had been touched in some way by some form of cancer. They all had something in common too - an appreciation for the gift of life. Life may not be perfect...but it's LIFE. And that is a reason to smile. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment