Monday, September 13, 2010

9/8 - Hill repeats...gotta love 'em

I was out-of-town on Labor Day weekend so I wasn't able to attend practice. I really did miss it though.  As mentioned before, I love those long runs.  Can't wait to see how I do next week.

I was able to be at our first mid-week practice - hill repeats on the Narrows Bridge. We ran thru a small park and over to the bridge.  I wasn't looking forward to it because I don't like the Narrows Bridge - just me and my height issues. After some instruction on the fine art of running hills we headed for the bridge.  Guess what? I didn't fall off. :-)   Actually, as I focused on what I needed to do rather than what I was afraid of I did just fine. 

I love this thought from Nelson Mandela: "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid but he who conquers that fear." 

Mickey 1, Narrows Bridge 0.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment